February 13, 2020
No matter if you have a gorgeous Queenslander or a traditional brick property, picking out a new exterior home colour is a highly effective way to completely transform how persons perceive your assets. A stunning exterior colour scheme can give your residence a lot more visible impact and catch the attention of sellers to invest in.
With tens of millions of exterior paint colors offered, picking the right colour can come to feel complicated. In this posting, we provide a wealth of professional tips from our painting gurus, plus exterior wall paint suggestions utilizing Dulux’s industry-main Weathershield paints. Here’s how to pick out exterior property colours to accommodate any design and style of household.
How To Opt for Exterior House Colors
Dominant, accent and trim colors
Painting your home’s exterior is all about sculpting the proportions and architectural options of your home to create a pleasing aesthetic. Fundamentally, your home’s exterior colour scheme ought to consist of:
- A dominant colour: The most important colour of your property, usually utilized for the exterior walls
An accent colour: A complementary colour for the front door, window body, shutter, or any ingredient of your household that you want to stand out
A trim colour: A contrasting colour for the door casing, roof eaves, window trim, letterbox, railings, fascia, frieze, gutter and downspout
Preferably, the trim colour should really contrast sharply with the dominant colour to make a crisp final result. Most usually, you will come across the trim colour painted in a light-weight neutral such as white or tender pale grey. For folks wanting to buck the trend and develop a bolder glimpse, pairing a light-weight dominant shade with a darker trim can create a clean-minimize, extraordinary outcome.
Look at the sizing of your house when deciding whether or not to choose a light colour (tint) or dim colour (shade). If you want your home to surface much larger and a lot more airy, select a light-weight tint. If you want your residence to appear good and grounded, paint the base of your home in a darker shade.
The architectural style of your home can assistance manual your selection in paint colors. For case in point, exterior colour techniques for Queenslanders usually function placing colours that retain the magnificence of the historic architecture even though bringing it up-to-day. Think shiny and antique whites (Dulux Regency White, Ivory or Lexicon Fifty percent), sand (Dulux Portland Stone), grey (Dulux Leadman, Highgate or Aerobus), or greige (Dulux Linseed or Gentle Leather-based).
From a beachy vibe to a modern, edgy aesthetic, believe about your home’s wished-for aesthetic. If you are having difficulties pinpointing a colour palette, we suggest seeking help from an specialist colour guide who can find the correct proper match to suit your vision and your home’s style.
Exterior Wall Paint Ideas
Attractive greige and gray
From cool dove gray to opaque gunmetal grey and heat greige, this colour is a purely natural option for exteriors. Supplying the fantastic stability of innovative modern style and timeless splendor, this versatile colour seems to be specifically wonderful when trimmed with crisp white. It also looks astounding when contrasted with exterior components this kind of as bricks, stone and timber with a greyish undertone.
Below are some common pairings to check out:
- Gray and white: A serene, genuine grey like Dulux Tranquil Retreat, paired with Dulux Vivid White and Colorbond Monument
- A few shades of grey: Dulux Teahouse and Dulux Dieskau with Colorbond Domino
- Greige and grey: Dulux Surfmist, Dulux Vivid White and Dulux Dune
A hanging all-white exterior will preserve your residence looking fresh and elegant. Dulux delivers a assortment of vintage shades that work effectively on their individual and matched alongside one another:
- Cleanse vivid white: Dulux Vivid White
- Ivory white: Dulux Natural White, Dulux Whisper White, Dulux Antique White U.S.A.
- Grey white: Dulux Lexicon Fifty percent
Vintage however sleek and modern-day, a monochromatic black and white plan can provide an arresting result. Use the distinction to visually sculpt the property, highlighting bold architectural elements or unique substrates. In this article are some solutions:
- 50/50 equal black and white: Workforce Dulux Vivid White in equal amounts with Dulux Black Caviar to showcase your home’s architecture
- 40/60: Pair a dusty antique white like Dulux Pure with the warm tone of Black Spur
- 30/70: Charcoal like Dulux Domino paired with white trim in Dulux Lexicon and Terrace White
Pastels are a common way to lighten and brighten any facade. For timeless elegance, decide for a vintage, two-colour palette the place a neutral aids ground the pastel:
- A beachy Hamptons aesthetic: Pair delicate blues like Dulux Zenith Heights Quarter or Dulux Greenland Ice Quarter with crisp white trim for an easy light and airy truly feel
- Tuscan – Dulux Product and Egyptian Purple
- Typical region – Select a gray-eco-friendly eucalypt-encouraged shade like Dulux Powdered Gum or Dulux Sage Inexperienced
Irresistible earthy tones
A palette of earthy colours in warm hues performs well for a household with timber, brick and stone options. This is the great palette if you want your dwelling to exude a rustic vibe. Right here are our favourite strategies:
- Layer heat ochres, slate grey and abundant browns: Dulux Egyptian Purple, Indian Purple or Oxblood
- Serene inexperienced: Dulux Sage Eco-friendly, Dulux Olive Leaf or Dulux Antique Eco-friendly
For a stylish and timeless nautical vibe, select robust, contrasting shades of blue and white. Concepts contain:
- Navy blue and white: Dulux Rainmaker and Dulux Antique White
- Teal blue and white: Dulux Hammock or Wentworth with Dulux Vivid White
Cobalt blue, light-weight grey and mint: Dulux Cobalt Blue, Dulux Lexicon 50 % and Dulux Greenland Ice Quarter
Darkish navy, gold and white: Dulux Sailing Safari, Topelo Honey and Dulux All-natural White
Tony Painting gives a Dulux Colour Session to completely transform your home. Interested in an obligation free quotation? Give us a phone on 087 642 3815.